Inside this presentation box: 12 individually sleeved LPs containing 209 recordings interspersed with many extracts of hokum and mayhem from the original Sun recording sessions; each LP sleeve bearing a detailed track-by-track analysis of the enclosed recordings. A 36-page, LP-size booklet containing Introduction by Sam C. Phillips; overview of Jerry's career during The Sun Years; analysis of The Sun Sound; detailed session discography of Jerry's Sun recordings; photos, cuttings and memorabilia.
The whole comprising a definitive compilation of the vital recordings of a vital man: The Killer – Jerry Lee Lewis.
The 209 recordings in this set are coded on this box as follows:
- A: 57 tracks (27%) – as mastered and first issued between 1956–1965 by Sam C. Phillips' original Sun Records Co.
- B: 7 tracks (3,5%) – previously unissued raw tracks of recordings that were issued on original Sun with overdubbed vocal/instrumental accompaniment
- C: 77 tracks (37%) – first issued after the Sun catalogue was bought by Shelby S. Singleton in 1969. Many of the tracks, only previously issued in simulated stereo, are first issued here in original mono
- D: 60 tracks (28,5%) – previously unissued alternative takes of previously issued titles
- E: 8 tracks (4%) – previously unissued titles.
Annotation last modified on 2012-07-15 07:36 .