- Tracks 1-3 recorded August 31, 1988 - September 9, 1988 at Russian Hill Recording, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Tracks 4-6 recorded September 26, 1987 - October 1, 1987 at Power Station, New York City, NY, USA.
- Tracks 1-6 are DDD on the CD, DDA on the LP.
- Karl Steinbrenner's photography credit is for the front cover image.
- Tracks 1-6 were mastered by Robert C. Ludwig.
- Frank Olinsky is associated with Manhattan Design.
- Michael Ahearn's "additional engineer" ARs ought to read "assistant engineer".
- Gary Solomon's "additional engineer" ARs ought to read "assistant engineer".
- David Oakes's "additional producer" ARs ought to read "assistant producer".
- Ben Fowler's "additional mixer" ARs ought to read "mixing assistant".
- Jennifer Keats' miscellaneous role ARs are for "Production Coordinator".
- On the LP,
- side a: tracks 1-3
- side b: tracks 4-6
|▼ 12" Vinyl 1|
|1||Different Trains: I. America - Before the War
|2||Different Trains: II. Europe - During the War
|3||Different Trains: III. After the War
|4||Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
|5||Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
|6||Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast