crumhorn (Curved capped double reed)

~ Wind instrument


Not to be confused with the 17-18 century French court oboe cromorne.
Used during the Renaissance, its double-reed is inside a windcap and its body ends in a decorative curve.


NOTE! Likely anything credited as "cromorne" that's FRENCH is WRONG, because it's called "tournebout" in French!

there is a separate French instrument called cromorne:
For now, use oboe or double-reed on these.

Annotation last modified on 2024-01-12 16:48 UTC.


used in:renaissance
type of:double reed
picture: [info]
Wikidata:Q930367 [info]
other databases: [info] [info]