Welcome Music Hack Day Participants!
The purpose of this page is to give you a simple quick start guide of things you may find useful in order to include MusicBrainz in your hack day projects.
- MusicBrainz introduction
- A short introduction to what MusicBrainz is, and what it is not.
- Editing MusicBrainz
- An overview on how to edit on MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz web service API
- Documentation on how to use MusicBrainz' RESTful web service API. This API can be used to search for artstis/releases/tracks/labels/collections/works/places on MusicBrainz, and to retrieve resources based on MBIDs. There are bindings for many programming languages available.
- Cover Art Archive
- MusicBrainz and the Internet Archive collaboratively created an archive of music cover art. Using a simple HTTP call, you retrieve a cover art image if you have a MusicBrainz Release Id.
- CritiqueBrainz is a new project that allows people to write CC licensed music reviews. So far the CritiqueBrainz has a collection of 9,000 reviews from the BBC and the community is starting to write more reviews.
- AcousticBrainz is a new project that performs low level acoustic analysis on audio files and collects them in a central repository. This low level data is then used in machine learning to derives moods, genres, beat information, danceability and a lot of other data.
- MusicBrainz client libraries
- Official C libraries for calculationg Disc IDs, accessing the above mentioned web service and interacting with the Cover Art Archive.
- Acoustid fingerprinting
- Acoustid is the acoustic fingerprinting service that MusicBrainz uses. Use this service to identify audio files.
- APIs that understand MBID
- Various Services on the net that understand MBIDs
Music Hack Day London 2014: If you have MusicBrainz/AcousticBrainz questions, come see Rob in the orange shirt/black hoodie or Alastair in the black shirt/green sweater. Rob is easy to spot with the orange/purple hair and you can tweet him at @MayhemBCM to get his attention.
Have a great weekend hacking on fun music projects!