Note: this page needs more flesh and to be linked to.
This page tries to list all tools external to MusicBrainz that make editing or viewing data more convenient. These include any programs, scripts, reports, etc from various sources.
Some user script repositories (alpha sorted):
- greasyfork.org’s MusicBrainz script set (automatically updated)
- openuserJS.org’s musicbrainz group (manually updated, not always up to date)
Other known places with userscripts:
- 96187’s user scripts (iTunes import, YouTube import, Vimeo import, paste-a-date, inline approve)
- Freso’s fork of 96187’s user scripts (has an updated (ie., working) version of YouTube import)
- Bitmap’s user scripts
- dufferZafar’s import scripts (iTunes, Amazon, TSeries)
- Goram’s working Amazon script (forked from dufferZafar's)
- JensBee’s user scripts
- jesus2099 scripts on GitHub
- Murdos’ import scripts (Bandcamp, Discogs, Encyclopedisque)
- Rassie’s Chatlog improvements in an updated version including highlighting
- Loujine’s userscripts
- Frozen userscripts-mirror.org archive of old MB scripts
※ Here is a bitbucket/github/gitlab userscript installer (it adds green icons to INSTALL scripts directly from those repository file lists)
- Bandcamp, Beatport, and Local File Parsers (with great assistance comes great responsibility)
- These parsers are meant to be run at the command line passing in either a URL (Bandcamp release, or Beatport release), or a directory with a set of files. The local file parsers run on all files in a directory with the same extension, and are intended to output a whole release, suitable for copying / pasting into the tracklist page's Track Parser. They are written in Perl, require at least Perl v5.10 and a differing set of Perl Modules based off the particular service. The local file parsers are currently format specific.
- vgmdb2mb.py VGMDB to MusicBrainz import script
Valuable online databases
See Other Databases.
|URI||Description||Comments (on reliability etc...)|
|http://amazon.fr||Releases dates often wrong|
|http://amazon.de||Often omits to mark imports as "[Import]"|
|http://www.encyclopedisque.fr||For French vinyls|
|http://www.lpdiscography.com/||Has dates, labels, and catalog numbers|
About amazon's [Import] label not trustworthy, here is the smoke-proof to check whether the IMPORT is bogus or not on .fr Switch the tld to .de: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00004UH7R Check what they have as a label, in this case: Label: France (Megaphon Importservice) => it comes from france, and the [Import] is on .fr is bogus.
Access MusicBrainz using external APIs
MusicBrainz data ported to other systems
- DQSD (Dave's Quick Search Taskbar Toolbar Deskbar): http://www.dqsd.net/
- There are many ISRC submit tools in ISRC#Resources