Development > Bug Tracker
MusicBrainz uses JIRA for tracking bugs. It is accessible at https://tickets.metabrainz.org/, and is used by both the development team and members of the community to track bugs and development progress on the MusicBrainz Server source code.
- Want to report a bug? Report it here!
If you find a bug or unwanted behavior in the server code and want to report it you have two options.
The first is to anonymously report the issue, and the second is to create an account and report it under your name. Using your own account has the advantage of being able to communicate via comments if more feedback is required and also to receive email updates regarding the bug(s) you've submitted or any other bugs you're interested in keeping tabs on.
If you do choose to anonymously report a bug, keep in mind that commenting anonymously has been disabled. So in order for you to leave additional information or answer a developers question you will need to either have created an account or manually follow the issue's progress and use the guest account to comment when necessary. The guest account has both username and password set to
Note: Some issue may simply be closed if a developer can't get in contact with the reporter (because they submitted anonymously). We strongly suggest you create an account of your own.
The following are JIRA workflow conventions that the development team uses.
"Decision required" status
The "decision required" status is to be used when an issue or task requires a decision to be made before the developer is able to move forward and start/continue work.
The procedure to follow is:
- Post a comment that clearly states what needs deciding.
- Change the status to "decision required" and assign the issue to the person whom you are expecting to make the decision.
- When a "decision required" issue is assigned to you, first determine if it's your decision to make. If not, find the right person and re-assign the issue to them.
- When an issue is your issue to decide and when you've made your decision, note the decision in a comment.
- Change the status back to open and assign it to the person who should continue to work on the issue (unless in the course of the decision making the task has been passed to someone else).