Adding Jamendo releases
If you add a Jamendo release to MusicBrainz please provide the following information (example):
- Set the release label to Jamendo, with the Jamendo ID of the release as catalog number (that's the number in the URL, with the 'a' removed -- e.g. http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a4432/bunker-demo is '4432')
- Set the release country to Worldwide. Select None for packaging. Check the box that indicates the release has no barcode.
- On the tracklist tab, use Digital Media as the format.
- Add a 'free download' relationship to the release: copy-paste the Jamendo URL and paste it into the box on the 'Relate to URL' page; 'free download' should be automatically selected and the language code ('en', 'fr', etc.) should be removed.
- Upload the cover art from Jamendo to the Cover Art Archive (see below)
- Ideally, set the license URL (see below -- proceed with caution)
Cover art from Jamendo can be uploaded to the Cover Art Archive, using the release Cover Art tab. The most difficult portion of this is finding the original image uploaded to Jamendo, rather than the autogenerated thumbnails (note that sometimes the original is actually smaller, but still preferred as the larger thumbnails are automatically upscaled, and therefore no better quality).
The format for the image URL for the original-size image is:
- for a Jamendo ID of less than four digits, it'll be at http:// imgjam.com/albums/s0/JAMENDO-ID/covers/1.0.jpg, replacing JAMENDO-ID with the Jamendo ID, once again without the 'a' (e.g. for '222', it'd be http://imgjam.com/albums/s0/222/covers/1.0.jpg ).
- for a Jamendo ID with four or more digits, the 's' part of the URL is all digits but the last three -- so '4432' becomes http://imgjam.com/albums/s4/4432/covers/1.0.jpg , '42438' becomes http://imgjam.com/albums/s42/42438/covers/1.0.jpg , and ostensibly in the future something like 400111 would include s400/400111.
Alternatively, if you can find the URL of a thumbnail image, you can simply edit the URL changing e.g. '1.200.jpg' to '1.0.jpg' in order to find the original image.
When you upload cover art, please include the source image URL in the edit note. If the Jamendo artwork is particularly small (especially smaller than 250x250 pixels), you may consider searching elsewhere for a larger image to upload instead (but don't use Jamendo's autogenerated thumbnails).
For experienced editors
The license of the music can be linked using the 'license' relationship type. Jamendo typically lists a license for each recording individually (in the download popup, that I've found, but it may be elsewhere/somewhere within their API as well), but they're often the same for every recording on a given release. Please ensure that you have the exactly correct license URL!
Additionally, please do not edit URL relationships for licenses unless you know what you're doing. Without being careful it's possible to change the license URL for a large number of releases accidentally; seek help or do not add a license if you're not 100% sure. It is possible to automate the process of adding licenses so long as releases are not removed from the site, and a bot will make fewer mistakes in most common cases!