Yate is a tag editor developed from the ground up for Mac OS X. Tagging of mp3, m4a, FLAC, AIFF, wav and dsf files is supported.
Yate incorporates an easy to use scripting mechanism called actions. Actions may be run in a batch mode or in the foreground.
Yate supports MusicBrainz, Discogs, AcoustID and has the ability to link files to iTunes. This linkage enables the import and export of iTunes metadata which is not normally kept in the audio files. Further, changes made to your audio files will automatically be refreshed in iTunes, when linked.
A fully featured 15 day evaluation is available for download. Upon purchasing you will receive an activation code which entitles you for free updates and support for life.
Summary of features:
- Supports mp3, m4a, flac, aiff, wav and dsf files.
- Reads all ID3 tag formats. Writes ID3 v2.4 or v2.3
- Customizable FLAC mappings.
- Most ID3 fields are supported in all formats.
- Supports multiple values per field type where permitted.
- Supports multiple fields of the same type where permitted.
- Almost all non binary ID3 fields have been extended to non ID3 file types.
- Support for Content Advisory and Identification fields in m4a files.
- Export / import a file’s metadata, including artwork.
- Supports the creation, viewing and editing of album databases. These databases are stored in CSV files with a sidecar file for enhanced Yate usage. The databases can contain common values across all tracks in an album and special aggregated fields such as duration, track count, lowest rating, average rating, highest rating and tag source. Because the content is stored in a CSV file, you can take these databases with you on your mobile devices.
- Supports the creation, viewing and editing of track databases. Similar to album databases but retains all track information.
- MusicBrainz wizard to import data from the MusicBrainz database
- Discogs wizard to import data from the Discogs database.
- MusicBrainz and Discogs what's changed displays to show the differences between your data and the remote data.
- MusicBrainz and Discogs customizable named import sets. Sets allow for import/don't import/import only if empty.
- MusicBrainz and Discogs per file import exclusions.
- Look at MusicBrainz and Discogs data while batch processing and log or import changes.
- Specify an alternate MusicBrainz server location.
- Supports the Cover Art Archive.
- Use the MusicBrainz and Discogs wizards to locate misplaced tracks in your library.
- Import all Credits information from MusciBrainz and Discogs.
- Supports the import of symbolic track numbers from MusicBrainz and Discogs.
- Support for AcoustID fingerprinting (64 bit all file types except .dsf). Use the AcoustID import display to import simple metadata or to link to MusicBrainz releases.
- Extract earliest release from downloaded AcoustID data.
- Access Discogs and MusicBrainz data while batch processing and import and/or log updated information. (Only for albums previously associated with a release).
- Handles multiple artwork items.
- Supports drag in and drag out of artwork.
- Auto scaling of imported artwork.
- Drag artwork in from the web, any image file, any file containing a png or jpg image and from iTunes.
- Drag artwork to the Finder.
- Artwork can be saved to files, folder.jpg or to the containing folder’s icon.
- When saving artwork to a file, the image can be scaled down and converted to grayscale.
- Remove artwork based on criteria.
- Auto search for artwork.
- Use iTunes to download missing artwork for all supported audio types including: flac, dsf and wav.
- Fully customizable search templates. Specify data embedded in a URL or via the system clipboard.
- Issue multiple searches at one from an action.
- Display an artwork thumbnail for each file open in the main window.
- Files and containing folders can be renamed in a single operation.
- Tracks can be relocated (moved).
- Non audio files can be moved so that complete folder contents can be relocated.
- Tracks can be copied.
- Create absolute or relative symbolic links to files and folders.
- Read and process text files.
- Display ‘what has changed’.
- Display specification validation errors.
- Display all ‘read’ tagging information in a text log.
- Display file layout information (raw data).
- Add tracks in Playlist or Album mode. Album mode always processes complete albums while Playlist mode supports individual tracks
- Tracks can be dragged from the Finder or iTunes
- Add files by folder or by including subfolders
- Open files/folders specified in a path in the system clipboard
- Maintains a recently opened list
- Supports the creation of m3u playlists
- Tracks can be added to iTunes.
- Tracks can be removed from iTunes.
- Tracks can be linked to iTunes and the rating, play count, skip when shuffling, start time, stop time, and volume adjustment can be passed in either direction.
- Repairs broken file links in iTunes.
- Auto link to iTunes mode.
- Repairs iTunes links when tracks are renamed or moved.
- Ability to Show Files in iTunes.
- Compare iTunes values with Yate.
- Refresh values in iTunes automatically and manually.
- Import base tag settings from iTunes.
- Create iTunes playlists.
- Batch Processing Wizard which allows you to edit all of your audio files with a single action.
- Actions – Actions – Actions. Over 100 functions including if-then-else and running other actions.
- Conditional statements (if-else-endif) in actions.
- Run actions from within actions. Run stepwise where each statement executes across all files or grouped where a sequence of statements are run as a unit for each file.
- Actions run in the foreground or while batch processing.
- Run external OS X scripts. Pass any number of parameters.
- Run OS X applications.
- Drag an album to Yate’s dock icon and automatically tag your album to your preferences.
- Changes can be reverted to the last saved version.
- Editing changes on the current file selection can be undone in any order or all at once.
- Displays indicators showing if a file has changed and if it is linked to iTunes, Discogs, MusicBrainz or AcoustID.
- Custom columns in the main file list.
- Import and export all portions of the application’s data. This allows for backing up and the sharing of actions and other templates.
- Distribute saved actions, search templates, etc.
- Auto backup of application settings.
- User settable shortcuts.
- User definable toolbar.
- Preview songs.
- Growl support.
Yate is part of the Tagger Affiliate Program.