There are many uses for the data that MusicBrainz provides; the following are a few MusicBrainz enabled applications that tag music files with correct metadata.
If you are a developer you may be interested in our developer resources.
- MusicBrainz Picard
- MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform (Linux/Mac OS X/Windows) application written in Python. It supports the majority of audio file formats, uses PUID audio fingerprints, performs CD lookups and disc ID submissions, and it has excellent Unicode support. This application is the official MusicBrainz tagging application.
- Jaikoz Music Tagger
- A Java based cross platform tagging application that uses MusicBrainz with PUID and AcoustID support. Jaikoz is a Tagger Affiliate Program member. Download here
- Magic MP3 Tagger
- A Windows tagger for the MP3 file format that sponsors MusicBrainz and uses a built-in excerpt of the MusicBrainz core data. Magic Tagger is a Tagger Affiliate Program member. Download here
- Yate Music Tagger
- A Mac OS X tagger that supports integration with MusicBrainz, Discogs and iTunes. Yate will tag mp3, m4a, AIFF, FLAC, wav and dsf files. Yate is a Tagger Affiliate Program member. Download here
- SongKong Tagger
- Automated tagger with close integration with MusicBrainz, AcoustID, Discogs, Cover Art Archive and Amazon. Available for OSX, Windows and Linux. SongKong is a Tagger Affiliate Program member. Download here
- MusicBrainz for Android
- An Android app that allows to view release info, and submit tags, ratings and barcodes to MusicBrainz. Download here
MusicBrainz believes in providing free open products, and thus all of our services are free for non-commercial use.
- MusicBrainz Server
- The MusicBrainz Server is the web frontend to the MusicBrainz Database, and is accessible at http://musicbrainz.org.
- MusicBrainz Database
- Almost entirely released into the Public Domain, the core data of the MusicBrainz Database is free for anyone to download and use for any purpose.
- Live Data Feed
- As a service to those who require timely access to our data, our live data feed enables mirror servers to stay in synchronization with http://musicbrainz.org. This feed is available under a Creative Commons license and is free for non-commercial use.
- FreeDB Gateway
- A gateway for accessing MusicBrainz data with CDDB/FreeDB clients through the FreeDB protocol.
- User:Mineo/APIs understanding MBIDs -- A list of online services that understand MusicBrainz's IDs