This relationship type belongs to the External Information Relationship Class.
This links an entity and the URL of that entity's official site.
- An entity can have multiple official websites.
- Use the simplest and highest level URL (so long as the URL still functions and is valid):
- http://nin.com and not http://nin.com/index2.html
- http://somelabel not /whatever/index.php
- "Official", in this context, means that the entity has publicly endorsed the site. It does not imply that the information on the website is authoritative. Note that fan sites, even if publicly endorsed, should be linked using the Fanpage Relationship Type, and not this relationship type.
In addition to the main site, there may be other pages "inside" a website which could benefit from more specific External Information Relationship Class links. For example, Nine Inch Nails has a discography page at http://nin.com/halo/index.html which could additionally be linked using the Discography Relationship Type.