Wonder Girls (Korean: 원더걸스, Chinese: 奇迹女孩, Japanese: ワンダーガールズ) is a South Korean girl group, whose current line-up is Sunye, Yubin, Yeeun, and Hyelim. They are managed by their producer, the singer-songwriter Park Jin-Young under his talent agency, JYP Entertainment. They are co-managed in the United States by Creative Artists Agency. The group's name, 'Wonder Girls', comes from the idea that they are "the girls who can amaze the world". The group began their entry into the American market in 2009 as an opening act for The Jonas Brothers' World Tour, performing the English version of their hit single "Nobody". In late 2009, their song charted at number seventy-six on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making the Wonder Girls the first South Korean group to enter the chart.
In 2010, Wonder Girls entered the Chinese market with the compilation album Wonder Girls that included Chinese language versions of "Tell Me", "Nobody" and "So Hot".
In 2012, Wonder Girls signed with DefStar Records, a subsidiary of Sony Music Japan, for their Japanese debut.
It was announced on November 26, 2012, that the group would be taking a break because of Sunye's marriage, with the other members focusing on their own activities.
On December 21, 2013, Ahn Sohee's contract with JYP Entertainment as a member of Wonder Girls expired and she decided not to renew her contract with JYP Entertainment as a member of Wonder Girls, effectively leaving the group.
- ^ "WONDER GIRLS SIGN WITH JONAS GROUP OFFICIALLY". JonasWorld.Org. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- ^ Yi, Dong-jun (March 13, 2007). "원더걸스, "남자 가수로 구성된 팬클럽 있다!"" (in Korean). Paran Media. Retrieved 18 March 2007.
- ^ a b "《On Air》代言人神秘美女5人组" (in Chinese). Eastday. March 7, 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2007.
- ^ "Wonder Girls sign with Jonas Group Officially". jonasworld.org. June 5, 2009. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- ^ Netizens learn the meanings behind the names of girl groups. Kpopseven (April 15, 2012). Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- ^ Silvio Pietroluongo (October 22, 2009). "Jay Sean Recaptures Hot 100's Top Slot". Billboard. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- ^ Nobody Songfacts. Songfacts.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.