Bridgit Claire Mendler (born December 18, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, actress, musician and record producer. In 2004, she began her career in the animated Indian film The Legend of Buddha. As a teenage star Mendler starred in the films Alice Upside Down, The Clique and Labor Pains. In 2009, she signed with Disney Channel and played Juliet on Wizards of Waverly Place. Following the positive reception to her character on Wizards of Waverly Place, she landed the role Teddy Duncan on the new Disney series Good Luck Charlie, which premiered in April 2010 and ended in February 2014. In 2011, she appeared in the film based on the series Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas.
She starred in the Disney Channel Original Movie Lemonade Mouth, in which her character Olivia performs numerous songs. Two singles were released from the soundtrack featuring her vocals, with both charting on the US Billboard Hot 100. In 2012, Mendler released her debut album Hello My Name Is..., which featured a pop sound. It debuted at number 30 on the US Billboard 200, and has sold over 200,000 copies. Her debut single off the album "Ready or Not", became an international Top 40 hit, the song was certified gold in Norway, and platinum in New Zealand, United States and Canada and peaked at number 49 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was announced that her second single would be "Hurricane". The video premiered on April 12, 2013 and was shot in London. "Hurricane" has been certified gold in the USA for selling 500,000 copies.
Mendler has links with several philanthropic projects and humanitarian causes. In 2010, Mendler became ambassador to First Book, a campaign to encourage reading and gives books to children in need. In July 2012, Mendler also became ambassador of the campaign Give With Target with Target Corporation to raise funds to reform schools in the United States. She was featured in a March 2013 public campaign called Delete Digital Drama with the Seventeen magazine to end cyberbullying. In May 2013, Mendler traveled to the United Kingdom to fundraise for Comic Relief, given the aim of making her laugh with their jokes for a £1 donation. The campaign aimed to raising £100,000 and give families hope. In March 2014, Mendler traveled to El Quiché, Guatemala to participate in the other project of Save the Children that helps underprivileged children in developing countries. She also represented the institution during the charity congress Save the Children's annual Advocacy Summit in Washington, D.C..
- ^ Sendra, Tim (October 23, 2012). "Hello My Name Is... - Bridgit Mendler : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler – Hello My Name Is… – Album Review". Rickey. October 28, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- ^ a b "Bridgit Mendler releases new song Hurricane from debut album". Much Music. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler's Debut Single "Ready Or Not" Available August 7". ClevverTV. July 19, 2012. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler – ‘Hurricane’ LISTEN NOW". Gossip File. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler, Disney's feisty big sister". Asiaone News. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler". Disney Channel. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013.
- ^ "Bridgit Mendler at Yapert interview". Febre Teen. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 26, 2012.