NOFX /ˌnoʊɛfˈɛks/ is an American punk rock band from Los Angeles, California. The band was formed in 1983 by vocalist/bassist Fat Mike and guitarist Eric Melvin. Drummer Erik Sandin joined NOFX shortly after. In 1991, El Hefe joined to play lead guitar and trumpet, rounding out the current line-up. The band rose to popularity with their fifth studio album Punk in Drublic (1994).
NOFX's mainstream success was signified by a growing interest in punk rock during the 1990s, but unlike many of their contemporaries (including Green Day and The Offspring), they have never been signed to a major label. NOFX has released twelve studio albums, fifteen extended plays and a number of seven-inch singles. Their latest studio album, Self Entitled, was released on September 11, 2012. The group has sold over 8 million records worldwide. The band also broadcast their own show on Fuse TV entitled NOFX: Backstage Passport.
- ^ Bush, John. "NOFX > Overview". allmusic. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ "Bulgaria: Skatske Punks NOFX with Live September Show in Bulgaria - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency". Novinite.com. 2007-07-27. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ "Where The Moshers Are". Time. 1996-07-22. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ Peter Jandreus, The Encyclopedia of Swedish Punk 1977-1987, Stockholm: Premium Publishing, 2008, p. 11.
- ^ a b "History". Nofxofficialwebsite.com. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ "NOFX EPs & Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ^ "Bands: Fat Wreck Chords". vanswarpedtour.com. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
- ^ "NOFX Backstage Passport". Fuse.tv. Retrieved 2010-01-28.