Swedish group. Most of the songs were written by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, and sometimes Stig Anderson.
There have been 7 known masters of the original studio recordings:
- Original releases (1974-1981)
- CD releases (1982-1992)
- ABBA Gold and Thank You For the Music Box Set (1992-1994), remastered by Michael B. Tretow
- Remastered releases (1997), remastered by Jon Astley and Tim Young.
- Remastered releases (2001), when Jon Astley revisited his earlier remasters, and fixed some errors.
- Remastered releases (2005), made by Henrik Jonsson. Featured on "The Complete Studio Recordings" and "The Albums" box sets.
- Remastered releases (2005-), feature on the Deluxe albums. Some of these albums use the same remasters as the previous two box sets, some are completely new remasters (Voulez-Vous, Super Trouper, The Visitors, ABBA).
ABBA was a Swedish pop group formed in Stockholm in 1972, comprising Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. ABBA is an acronym of the first letters of the band members' first names (Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn and Anni-Frid) and is sometimes stylized as the registered trademark ᗅᗺᗷᗅ. They became one of the most commercially successful acts in the history of pop music, topping the charts worldwide from 1972 to 1982. They are also known for unanimously winning the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest, giving Sweden its first victory in the history of the contest and being the most successful group ever to take part in the contest.Continue reading at Wikipedia...
Showing release groups by this artist. Show Various Artist release groups instead.