Victoria Beckham (née Adams)
Victoria Caroline Beckham (née Adams; born 17 April 1974) is an English businesswoman, fashion designer, model and singer. In the late 1990s, Beckham rose to fame with the all-female pop group Spice Girls and was dubbed Posh Spice by the July 1996 issue of the British music magazine Top of the Pops. After the Spice Girls split, she was signed to Virgin Records and Telstar Records and had four UK Top 10 singles. Her first release, "Out of Your Mind", reached Number 2 in the UK Singles Chart.
Beckham has participated in five official documentaries and reality shows about her, including Being Victoria Beckham, The Real Beckhams, and Victoria Beckham: Coming to America. She has since made a cameo appearance in an episode of Ugly Betty, and been a guest judge on Project Runway, Germany's Next Topmodel, and American Idol. She is married to David Beckham and they have four children. As of 2014, the couple's joint wealth is estimated at £380 million.
In the past decade, Beckham has become an internationally recognised style icon and fashion designer. Following high-profile collaborations with other brands, she launched an eponymous label in 2008 and a lower-priced (diffusion) label in 2011. The Victoria Beckham label was named designer brand of the year in the UK in 2011; in 2012 the brand was assessed as the star performer in the Beckham family's business interests. Writing in the Daily Telegraph in 2011, Belinda White noted that the transition from WAG to fashion designer had been more successful than most had predicted, saying: "She has gathered a significant celebrity following and won over the scathing fashion pack who now clamour for a ticket to her bi-annual show at New York Fashion Week."
- ^ "Victoria Beckham Net Worth". The Richest (TheRichest.com). Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- ^ "Victoria Beckham". People. Retrieved 18 December 2007.
- ^ Barbara., Ellen (2 November 2003). "Watch this Spice". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 20 December 2007.
- ^ "Spice Girls Facts".
- ^ "Britain's rich list – David and Victoria Beckham". The Sunday Times (London: Times Newspapers). 26 April 2009. Retrieved 10 September 2009.
- ^ Whitworth, Melissa (28 November 2011). "British Fashion Awards 2011: Victoria Beckham wins designer brand of the year". Telegraph (London). Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- ^ Bowers, Simon (10 October 2013). "Brand it like Beckham: family empire boasts combined profits of £4m". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- ^ White, Belinda (24 October 2011). "Victoria Beckham's fashion line on track to make £60m". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 6 July 2014.