Legal name: Adrian Maxwell Sherwood
Adrian Maxwell Sherwood (born 1958, London, England) is an English record producer specializing in the genres of dub music and EDM. Sherwood has created a distinctive production style based on the application of dub effects and dub mixing techniques to EDM tracks as well as mainstream songs. Sherwood has worked extensively with a variety of reggae artists as well as the musicians Keith LeBlanc, Doug Wimbish and Skip McDonald. Sherwood has remixed tracks by Coldcut, Depeche Mode, The Woodentops, Primal Scream, Pop Will Eat Itself, Sinéad O'Connor, and Skinny Puppy. Within his role as a record producer, he has worked with a variety of record labels, however his most well-known label is On-U Sound Records, which he founded in 1979. Sherwood has been a member of the band Tackhead. As someone who considers himself tone deaf, the producer focuses on making sounds and noises rather than melody.
- ^ "Adrian Sherwood / On-U Sound remix discography - Part 4". On-U Sound In The Area. 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- ^ "As the Veneer of Democracy Starts to Fade - Mark Stewart". AllMusic. 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- ^ Ankeny, Jason. "Biography: Adrian Sherwood". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- ^ "Adrian Sherwood Tickets | Adrian Sherwood Tour Dates & Concerts | Ticketmaster NZ". Ticketmaster.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- ^ "On-U Sound - CDs and Vinyl at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- ^ "Adrian Sherwood @ Dubspot! Interview Workshop Recap: Talks Dub, Music Production". Dubspot Blog. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2015.