Rachel Crow (American pop singer)
Rachel Kelly Crow (born January 23, 1998) is an American singer, comedienne, and actress from Mead, Colorado. Crow participated in the first season of the U.S. version of The X Factor in 2011 and she finished in 5th place overall. After being eliminated from The X Factor, Crow met with Disney for possible roles in future Disney productions. She's appeared on many TV shows, including BrainSurge, Inside Edition, Big Time Rush, Figure It Out and The Wendy Williams Show. She also had a role in Fred: The Show as Starr. Her debut EP, Rachel Crow, debuted on iTunes charts on number 71. She voiced Carla in her first film role, Rio 2, and she sang some lines in the film from the song 'Batucada Familia' (2014).
Crow sang her first song (Faith Hill's "Breathe") at 18 months-old and first performed in public at age six as part of her school's talent show. Her parents brought her to Los Angeles in 2010 to support her dream of being a performer and she auditioned at age 13 for The X Factor in early 2011. After being chosen as a contestant out of over 150,000 people who auditioned for season 1 of The X Factor (USA), she wowed audiences with her powerful voice and bubbly personality and placed fifth in the competition for the season. A fan favorite and darling among the judges, L.A. Reid deemed her a "funky, feisty singer with soul" with Simon Cowell declaring that audiences would be "hearing a lot more about her."
- ^ "Twitter / iamrachelcrow: @CassidyCrow kelly". En.twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- ^ "Rachel Crow". Buddy TV December 17, 2011.
- ^ Benson, Kirstin (December 12, 2011). "Rachel Crow Is ‘Perfect’ For Disney — Casting Director & Talent Manager Agree". hollywoodlife.com. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- ^ Silberman, Lindsay (February 22, 2012). "X Factor Finalist Rachel Crow Lands Nickelodeon Series". TV Guide. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- ^ "iTunes Charts (6/26/12) - Rankings Singles and Albums ~". Emusicality.com. 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2012-09-22.