Please do not add the album "Mighty Rearranger" or the single "Shine It All Around" to this artist as they belong to Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation.
Robert Anthony Plant, CBE (born 20 August 1948) is an English musician, singer, and songwriter best known as the lead vocalist and lyricist of the rock band Led Zeppelin. Possessing a powerful and wide vocal range (particularly using his trademark high-pitched vocals) he has also had a successful solo career spanning more than 40 years. Plant is regarded as one of the greatest singers in the history of rock and roll during which time he has influenced musicians such as Freddie Mercury, Axl Rose, and Chris Cornell. In 2006, Heavy Metal magazine Hit Parader named Plant the "Greatest Metal Vocalist of All Time". In 2009, Plant was voted "the greatest voice in rock" in a poll conducted by Planet Rock. In 2008, Rolling Stone editors ranked him number 15 on their list of the 100 greatest singers of all time. In 2011, readers of Rolling Stone placed Plant in first place of the magazine's list of the best lead singers of all time.
- ^ Michael Hann. "Led Zeppelin: 'There was a swagger – we knew we were good' - Music - The Guardian". the Guardian. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- ^ 100 Greatest Singers Of All Time: Robert Plant Rolling Stone. Retrieved 27 February 2011
- ^ Hit Parader’s Top 100 Metal Vocalists Of All Time Theinsider.com. Retrieved 27 February 2011
- ^ "Plant is still top of the tree". The Sun. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- ^ "Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Best Lead Singers of All Time (1. Robert Plant)". Rollingstone.com. Retrieved 16 March 2013.