Corinne Jacqueline Bailey is the Legal Name of Corinne Bailey Rae.
Corinne Bailey Rae (born Corinne Jacqueline Bailey on 26 February 1979) is a British singer-songwriter and guitarist from Leeds, West Yorkshire. Bailey Rae was named the number-one predicted breakthrough act of 2006 in an annual BBC poll of music critics, Sound of 2006. She released her debut album, Corinne Bailey Rae, in February 2006, and became the fourth female British act in history to have her first album debut at number one. In 2007, Bailey Rae was nominated for three Grammy Awards and three Brit Awards, and won two MOBO Awards. In 2008, she won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year (for her work as a featured artist in Herbie Hancock's River: The Joni Letters).
Bailey Rae released her second album, The Sea, on 26 January 2010, after a hiatus of almost three years. It was produced by Steve Brown and Steve Chrisanthou (who produced her debut album in 2006). She was nominated for the 2010 Mercury Prize for Album of the Year. In 2012, she won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance (for "Is This Love)". Bailey Rae was married to fellow musician Jason Rae from 2001 until his death in 2008, and as part of the grieving process, she channelled her emotions into her music. Her two albums have together sold over five million copies worldwide.
- ^ Gibson Black History Month Salutes: Corrine Bailey Rae Retrieved on 6 March 2007.
- ^ "Sound of 2006: The Top 10". BBC News. 6 January 2006. Retrieved 14 January 2007.
- ^ a b Making my new album helped me come to terms with husband's drug death, reveals Corinne Bailey Rae Daily Mail. Retrieved 20 March 2012
- ^ Britain’s wealthiest women - Corinne Bailey Rae Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 20 March 2012
- ^ EMI Artists and Songwriters Among Winners at the 54th Annual Grammys EMI Music. Retrieved 20 March 2012
- ^ "Music – News – Bailey Rae announces new album details – Digital Spy". Digital Spy. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 22 October 2009.
- ^ Canal Pop: Corinne Bailey Rae lança novo álbum em 2010. Territorio.terra.com.br. Retrieved on 2012-01-01.
- ^ Corinne Bailey Rae Wins Best R&B Performance Grammy.com. Retrieved 20 March 2012
- ^ After loss, Corinne Bailey Rae heals with music msnbc. Retrieved 20 March 2012