Legal name: Jermaine Scott
Jermaine Scott Sinclair (born 9 March 1985), better known by his stage name Wretch 32 (three-two), is an English rapper and former Grime MC from Tottenham, London where he grew up the son of a local reggae DJ in the Tiverton Estate. He was a member of the grime collective "Combination Chain Gang", before forming The Movement with Scorcher, Ghetts, and Mercston. Wretch released his first single "Traktor" in January 2011.
2009 Mp3 Music Awards announced that Wretch 32 was nominated for an Mp3 Award alongside Chipmunk and Haringey Independent and Channel U / Channel AKA published the story.
On 6 December 2010, the BBC also announced that Wretch 32 had been nominated for the BBC's Sound of 2011 poll and MTV named him as a nominee for MTV Brand New for 2011.
In 2011, Wretch 32 had three top-five charting songs from debut album Black and White and amassed over a million record sales. In 2012 he was used by both Adidas and Coca Cola as one of the main faces of their London 2012 Olympics campaigns and on 1 July 2012 he won 'Best International Act' at the 2012 BET Awards.
In 2014, Wretch is due to release his third studio album Growing Over Life following the singles "Blackout", "Doing OK" and "6 Words".
- ^ Wretch 32 – Grimepedia Page, Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- ^ Wretch 32 – Homepage – Biography, Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- ^ Stephen Clark - Design. "Wretch 32: Ploughing on through". Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- ^ Wretch 32 & Chipmunk Haringey Independent Press Release, Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- ^ Wretch 32 & Chipmunk Channel U / Channel AKA Press News, Retrieved 2009-09-10.