Jack Tempchin is an American musician and singer-songwriter, best known for writing the Eagles classic "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and co-writing their hits "Already Gone", "The Girl From Yesterday", "Somebody", and "It's Your World Now".
During the Eagles’ breakup period (1980–1994) he co-wrote with Glenn Frey producing "You Belong to the City", "Smuggler's Blues", "The One You Love", "I Found Somebody" and "True Love".
Among numerous other songs, Tempchin wrote "Swayin' to the Music (Slow Dancing) ". The song was first recorded by the short-lived group The Funky Kings, of which Tempchin was a member at the time. In 1977, the song became a top-10 pop hit for Johnny Rivers, and in 1979 it was a top-10 country hit for Johnny Duncan.
Other compositions include:
- "Someone That You Used To Know" (George Jones)
- "White Shoes" (Emmylou Harris, Randy Meisner)
- "Rollin'" (Glen Campbell)
- "To Feel That Way At All" (Patty Loveless)
- "Somebody Trying To Tell You Something" (Tanya Tucker)
- "You Can Go Home" (with Chris Hillman, recorded by The Desert Rose Band in 1991)
- "Your Tattoo" (Sammy Kershaw)
- "East Of Eden" (Tom Rush)
- "15 Days Under The Hood" (The Paladins, New Riders of the Purple Sage)
- "Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed" (Phantom Blues Band, Candye Kane)
- "Swayin To The Music (Slow Dancin) Johnny Rivers,Funky Kings,and Johnny Duncan
Tempchin has also toured extensively as a solo artist over the years, opening for artists such as Ringo Starr, Jackson Browne, Dave Mason, Poco, Dolly Parton, Karla Bonoff, Chicago, Christopher Cross, Kenny Loggins, Timothy B. Schmit, Barry McGuire, Tom Rush, Al Kooper and Emmylou Harris.
His current band is called Rocket Science, which plays at venues throughout Southern California and beyond.
He is from Encinitas, California.
This artist only has release groups by various artists. Showing official release groups for various artists. Show all various artists release groups instead.