Legal name: Nadir Khayat
Nadir Khayat (Arabic: نادر الخياط) professionally known as RedOne, (born 9 April 1972) is a Moroccan-Swedish producer, songwriter, and music executive.
As a producer and songwriter, he has worked with many high profile recording artists, most notably Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias, Mariah Carey, RBD, Paulina Rubio, Mylène Farmer, Inna, Alexandra Burke, Ayumi Hamasaki , Austin Mahone and Swedish singer Maher Zain. His production discography boasts many Billboard and international hits, which he produced and co-wrote. RedOne has established his own record label named 2101 Records as a joint venture with Universal Music Group. RedOne has been nominated for six Grammy awards, winning three (the third one is The Grammis Award for Producer of the Year, which is the Swedish equivalent to Grammy Awards). In 2009, he was the number one producer on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, ranking number three as songwriter. Commonly, he produces pop, dance, eurodance, house genres.
- ^ Gundersen, Edna (25 January 2011). "Music producer RedOne achieves monster fame". USA Today. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ^ "Nominees And Winners". Grammy.com. 2009. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ^ "RedOne's BMI Artist Roster". Broadcast Music, Inc. 2006–2011. Retrieved 15 October 2008.
- ^ Warner, Kara. "Hit Maker RedOne Introduces New Artists, 'DWTS' Tracks". MTV Newsroom. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- ^ "Universal Music Announces Label Deal with Super Producer RedOne". Universal Music Group. August 2010. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ^ Levine, Mike (9 April 2010). "RedOne | International Hitman". Electronic Musician. Retrieved 10 October 2011.