Mika (UK-based pop singer)
Legal name: Michael Holbrook Penniman
Mika (/ˈmiːkə/; born Michael Holbrook Penniman, Jr.; 18 August 1983), stylized as MIKA, is a Lebanese-British singer-songwriter.
After recording his first extended play, Dodgy Holiday, Mika released his first full-length studio album, Life in Cartoon Motion, on Island Records in 2007. Life in Cartoon Motion sold more than 5.6 million copies worldwide and helped Mika win a Brit Award—winning Best British Breakthrough act, and receive a Grammy Award nomination. In 2006, Mika started up his company, Dodgy Holiday Tours Limited. Two years later Mika released his second extended play, Songs for Sorrow, of which limited edition copies are now sold out worldwide. In 2009 Mika released his second studio album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Finishing his worldwide tour, Mika recorded his third album, The Origin of Love, stating it would be "more simplistic pop, less layered than the last one". The album was released internationally on 16 September 2012 and in the UK on 8 October 2012.
- ^ "Artists". Universal Music. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- ^ "Global Pop Phenomenon, MIKA, Releases Sophomore Album, WE ARE GOLDEN, September 22". Business Wire. 2009-07-14. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- ^ Pareles, Jon (31 March 2007). "A rising British pop star revives a Mercurial style". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- ^ Mccaffrey, Julie; Adam Luck (29 January 2007). "Mika, Teenage prodigy of the Royal Opera". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- ^ Cotton, Fearne; Adam Luck (28 September 2009). "Mika at Live Lounge". BBC Radio 1. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- ^ "Brit Awards 2008: The winners". News.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- ^ 
- ^ "Dodgy Holiday Tours Limited". Company Data REX. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- ^ "Mika: 'Music gives me a sense of identity' - Music News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- ^ "Mika confirms new album 'The Origin of Love' details.". Digital Spy. Retrieved 28 September 2014.