Miranda Taylor Cosgrove (born May 14, 1993) is an American actress and singer. Her career began at the age of three, when she appeared in television commercials. Her film debut came in 2003, when she played Summer Hathaway in School of Rock. She appeared in a number of minor television roles over several years before coming to prominence as Megan Parker on the Nickelodeon TV series Drake & Josh. A few years later, she landed the role of Carly Shay, the lead character in the Nickelodeon TV series iCarly. As of May 2010, Cosgrove earned $180,000 per episode of iCarly, making her the second-highest-paid child star on television. She was listed in the 2012 edition of Guinness World Records as the highest paid child actress for iCarly. On February 15, 2013, it was announced that Cosgrove would be starring as Evie in Girlfriend in a Coma, a television series for NBC, but the series was cancelled when Christina Ricci left the production. Cosgrove again voiced Margo in Despicable Me 2 in 2013. In 2015 she was cast in the NBC comedy pilot Crowded, created by Suzanne Martin.
In music, Cosgrove debuted with iCarly, a soundtrack album released in June 2008, in which she performed four songs. In 2009 she released a five-songs EP, About You Now. Her debut album, Sparks Fly, was released on April 27, 2010. In January 2011, Cosgrove revealed that her second EP would be titled High Maintenance (EP) and also released the first single from the same. The song, titled "Dancing Crazy", was written by Avril Lavigne and debuted at number forty on the US Billboard Adult Pop Songs peaked at number one-hundred on the Billboard Hot 100. A cover of Cat Stevens's "First Cut Is The Deepest" was posted on Cosgrove's official YouTube channel on July 21, 2013.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove goes from 'iCarly' to college". USA Today. November 25, 2012. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove". Ellen TV. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove". TV Guide. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- ^ Starr, Michael (May 10, 2010). "Miley Cyrus, Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez among TV's richest kids". New York Post. Retrieved August 1, 2010.
- ^ Erenza, Jen (September 14, 2011). "Justin Bieber, Miranda Cosgrove, & Lady Gaga Are Welcomed Into 2012 Guinness World Records". RyanSeacrest.com. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- ^ Beavers, Danielle (July 28, 2008). "Miranda Cosgrove Plans Solo Album After Conquering TV And Web With 'iCarly'". MTV News. Viacom. Retrieved October 19, 2009.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove is 'Dancing Crazy' on her Avril Lavigne-Written Track". Idolator. Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove – High Maintenance". Female First. Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- ^ "Miranda Cosgrove "First Cut is the Deepest" Cover". Youtube. Retrieved September 13, 2014.