George Ryan Bingham (born March 31, 1981) is an Americana singer-songwriter currently based in Los Angeles, California.
After garnering critical acclaim for his first two studio releases on Lost Highway Records, 2007's Mescalito and 2009's Roadhouse Sun, Ryan Bingham went on to collaborate with Grammy-winning producer T Bone Burnett on the soundtrack for the 2009 acclaimed film Crazy Heart, including notably co-penning & performing the film’s award-winning theme song "The Weary Kind". The title track earned Bingham an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, and Critics' Choice Award for “Best Song” in 2010, as well as a Grammy Award for "Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media" in 2011. As a result of his monumental year, the Americana Music Association honored Bingham with the organization's top award in 2010: “Artist of the Year”.
Ryan Bingham joined back up with his band The Dead Horses to release their third studio album Junky Star on August 31, 2010. The album debuted in the Top 20 on the Billboard 200 Chart & in the Top 10 on the Billboard Rock Album Chart, making Junky Star Bingham’s highest charting & most successful release to date.
In 2012, Bingham parted ways with his band The Dead Horses and record label Lost Highway Records to release his fourth studio album Tomorrowland on his own label Axster Bingham Records.
In 2013, Bingham wrote and recorded "Until I'm One With You", the theme song for FX TV drama series "The Bridge". The song is Bingham's first screen track since his Academy Award win for best theme song in 2010. "Until I'm One With You" was released as a digital single on Bingham's own label Axster Bingham Records on June 25, 2013.
- ↑ "iTunes album review". September 18, 2012.
- ↑ Greg M. Schwartz (October 23, 2012). "PopMatters.com review".
- ↑ "Ryan Bingham Biography - AOL Music". Music.aol.com. 1981-03-31. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- ↑ Martinez, Jose (October 2010). "Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses On the Road... Again". Venice Magazine. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ↑ 2010 ACL Festival: Ryan Bingham Official Bio
- ↑ Kennedy, Gerrick (13 February 2011). "Grammy Awards: Ryan Bingham nabs a trophy, still puts on pants 'one leg at a time'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ↑ Talbott, Chris (9 September 2010). "Ryan Bingham Wins Big at Americana Awards". USA Today. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- ↑ Billboard Chart: Junky Star Chart History
- ↑ Billboard Chart: Top-Selling Rock Albums Week of September 18, 2010
- ↑ Nico Isaac, , "Paste Magazine article", 09/18/12
- ↑ Phil Gallo, "Ryan Bingham Pens Theme For FX's 'Bridge'; First Screen Track Since Oscar Win", billboard.com, 06/25/13