LoveLikeFire is a San Francisco-based indie rock band. The group was formed in 2006 and whilst an unsigned artist they independently released two EPs, Bed of Gold (2006) and An Ocean in the Air (2007), as well as mounted a self-organized national tour to promote the latter release. The band then signed to Heist Or Hit Records and a full-length album was released in the UK in Autumn 2009. This album Tear Ourselves Away was released in the US in early 2010. LoveLikeFire has received significant media and critical coverage in San Francisco Bay Area publications (San Francisco magazine, East Bay Express, SFist, SF Weekly, Palo Alto Daily News, San Francisco Chronicle) as well as in the national and out-of-town media (Spin, The A.V. Club, LimeWire Music Blog, WOXY.com, LA Weekly), and has stylistically been identified as exhibiting Britpop, dream pop, indie pop, and shoegazing influences.
- ^ "LoveLikeFire". MySpace. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- ^ Garin, Nina (2007-08-29). "LoveLikeFire". Entertainment Guide (The San Diego Union-Tribune). Retrieved 2008-07-01.
- ^ Bethurem, Allison; Pamela Feinsilber, Scott Hocker, Naiomi Kaufman, Jonathon Keats, James Levy, Sarah (March 2007). "10. Discovery: Band about to blow". San Francisco. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- ^ "This Week in Le Rock: April 21–27". SFist. 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- ^ Downs, David (2007-10-03). "LoveLikeFire: An Ocean in the Air (Black Ludella)". SF Weekly. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- ^ Freeman, Paul (2008-05-23). "Web hotbed of intriguing new music: Acts burn for your love, online". Palo Alto Daily News. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- ^ Vigil, Delfin (2008-06-19). "Bandwidth: LoveLikeFire". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- ^ Balderston, Adele (2007-11-13). "LoveLikeFire's Dizzying Carnival Trip". Spin. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- ^ Lamey, Miriam (2007-09-20). "Artist of the Day: LoveLikeFire". Spin. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- ^ Frankel, Mike (2008-02-07). "SXSW Band: LoveLikeFire". LimeWire Music Blog. Archived from the original on April 18, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-07.