Legal name: David Eric Grohl
Also performs as: Late! (Dave Grohl project)
David Eric "Dave" Grohl (born January 14, 1969) is an American rock guitarist, drummer, singer-songwriter, and film director, who is the lead vocalist, guitarist, main songwriter and founder of the band Foo Fighters. Prior to Foo Fighters, Grohl was the drummer, minor writer, and back-up vocalist for the grunge band Nirvana.
He is also the drummer and co-founder of the rock supergroup Them Crooked Vultures. Grohl has additionally written all the music and performed all the instruments for his short-lived side projects Late! and Probot, as well as being involved with Queens of the Stone Age numerous times throughout the past decade.
He has performed session work (as a drummer) for a variety of musicians, including Garbage, Killing Joke, Kristeen Young, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, The Prodigy, Slash, Iggy Pop, Juliette Lewis, Tenacious D, RDGLDGRN, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Lemmy, Stevie Nicks, Zac Brown Band and Ghost.
- ^ Malernee, Ellen (October 12, 2007). "Gibson Custom Shop Proudly Introduces the Dave Grohl Inspired By DG-335". Gibson Guitar Company. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- ^ Marten, Neville (2007). Guitar Heaven: The Most Famous Guitars to Electrify Our World. Collins Design. p. 113.
- ^ Carter, Walter (2007). The Gibson Electric Guitar Book: Seventy Years of Classic Guitars. Hal Leonard. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-87930-895-7.
- ^ "Dave Grohl's Lucite Dan Armstrong Ampeg "Clear" Guitar". FeelNumb.com. March 4, 2010. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- ^ "Dave Grohl biography". AMG. Drummerworld. 2009. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- ^ "Happy 40th Birthday Dave Grohl!". fooarchive.com. January 14, 2009.
- ^ Prato, Greg. "Dave Grohl". AllMusic. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- ^ "6 career defining records of Butch Vig". Rhythm Magazine. MusicRadar. Retrieved March 26, 2013.