For A State of Trance radio shows see A State of Trance wiki page.
Armin van Buuren (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɑrmɪn vɑn ˈbyːrə(n)]; born 25 December 1976) is a Dutch trance music producer and DJ. He is known for mostly playing progressive trance and uplifting trance.
Van Buuren has won a number of accolades, including the No. 1 spot on DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJs fan poll a record of five times, including an unprecedented four consecutive years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and again in 2012. He is currently the No. 3 DJ on DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJs poll for 2014. In 2014, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for his single "This Is What It Feels Like", which makes him the fourth trance artist ever to receive a Grammy nomination alongside Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, and BT. In the United States, he holds the record for most entries (21) on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart. Since 2001, Van Buuren has hosted a weekly radio show called A State of Trance, which has 20 million weekly listeners in 26 countries (excluding online listeners). This radio show propelled him to superstardom and garnered an intense following of trance fans around the world. His 2008 studio album, Imagine, entered the Dutch album chart at No. 1, a first for a dance music artist in Dutch music history.
- ↑ "Armin van Buuren – Armada Music". Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- ↑ "17 Armada DJ’s in DJ Mag Top 100. Though– Armin is No. 1 again!". Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- ↑ Murray, Gordon (10 January 2014). "Armin van Buuren Sets Record On Dance/Electronic Albums Chart". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- ↑ "About – A State of Trance". Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- ↑ "Armin van Buuren – Imagine". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 25 March 2010.