The name of the band, GRIMMS, generally appears in capital letters as it is an acronym for the last names of each member of the band (eg. "I" stands for Innes, "M" for McGough, etc).
GRIMMS was an English pop rock, skit and poetry group, originally formed as a merger of The Scaffold, the Bonzo Dog Band, and the Liverpool Scene for two concerts in 1971 at the suggestion of John Gorman. The band name was an acronym formed by the initial letters of each member's surname:
- Gorman, John (The Scaffold) - vocals,
- Roberts, Andy (Liverpool Scene) - vocals, guitar,
- Innes, Neil (Bonzo Dog Band) - vocals, guitar, keyboards,
- McGear, Mike (The Scaffold) - vocals, percussion,
- McGough, Roger (The Scaffold and Liverpool Scene) - vocals, words,
- Stanshall, Vivian (Bonzo Dog Band) - vocals, percussion.