Red (Christian Metal Band)
Red (also stylized R3D or RED) is an American rock band from Nashville, Tennessee, formed in 2004. The band's lineup consists of singer Michael Barnes, guitarist Anthony Armstrong, and bassist Randy Armstrong. They are known for their Christian rock music which incorporates other sounds such as alternative rock, alternative metal, hard rock, heavy metal and post-grunge. Jasen Rauch and Andrew Hendrix were the rhythm guitarist and drummer, respectively, at the time of the band's formation. Hendrix was replaced by Hayden Lamb in 2006, who was then replaced by Joe Rickard, who left in 2014. Though Rauch left the band in 2009, he contributed to songwriting until the band's fourth album, Release the Panic.
To date, Red has released five studio albums: End of Silence (2006), Innocence & Instinct (2009), Until We Have Faces (2011), Release the Panic (2013), and Of Beauty and Rage (2015). The first two albums earned the group Grammy Award Nominations for Best Rock Gospel Album while Until We Have Faces had a No. 2 debut on Billboard 200.
- ^ Apar, Corey. "End of Silence Review". Allmusic. Retrieved June 1, 2010.
- ^ "Red, "Innocence & Instinct: Deluxe Edition" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- ^ a b Apar, Corey. "Red Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved June 1, 2010.
- ^ a b c Grierson, Tim. "Red - 'Innocence & Instinct' Review". About.com. Retrieved June 1, 2010.
- ^ "Christian Music, Christian Music Video, Christian Music News". Billboard. Retrieved September 6, 2012.