Dan Lilker (born October 18, 1964 in Bayside, New York) is a musician from the United States, most known as a bass player, but also guitarist, pianist, drummer and vocalist. He is the bassist for the thrash metal band Nuclear Assault and was a founding member of Anthrax with Scott Ian, (Lilker was then playing rhythm guitar) and recorded bass guitar and co-wrote on their first album, Fistful of Metal. He also founded crossover band Stormtroopers of Death with Scott Ian and Charlie Benante (from Anthrax), and Billy Milano (Anthrax roadie, M.O.D. singer). He also plays bass with Brutal Truth, Exit-13, Malformed Earthborn, The Ravenous, Overlord Exterminator, Venomous Concept, Crucifist, Nokturnal Hellstorm and Extra Hot Sauce.
Lilker played on Holy Moses' 1994's No Matter What's the Cause. He is known for his fast, guitar-like riffing through heavy layers of distortion. Dan Lilker has been a columnist with Zero Tolerance Magazine since the publication's inception in 2005. In 2009, it was reported that Chicago journalist Dave Hofer was writing a biography of Lilker.
Lilker is currently in United Forces, which features his Stormtroopers of Death bandmate Billy Milano as their singer.
As of 2003 Danny Lilker had sold nearly 5 million records worldwide according to Nielsen SoundScan
On January 10, 2014, Lilker announced his plans to retire from being a full-time recording and touring musician. He also announced that Brutal Truth would break up on his 50th birthday (October 18, 2014).
- ^ a b c d e Strong, Martin C. (2002) The Great Metal Discography, MOJO Books, ISBN 1-84195-185-4, p. 30-31, 93–94, 394
- ^ Byrne, Michael (2009) "Q&A: Brutal Truth's Dan Lilker", Baltimore City Paper, July 28, 2009, retrieved 2010-01-29
- ^ Rivadavia, Eduardo "Malformed Earthborn Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-01-29
- ^ "Metal Fanatix". Metal Fanatix. March 11, 2006. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- ^ "DAN LILKER Musical Biography In The Works", blabbermouth.net, January 3, 2009, retrieved 2010-01-29
- ^ "Former Stormtroopers of Death Members Launch United Forces". Blabbermouth.net. December 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- ^ "Brutal Truth/Ex-Anthrax Bassist Dan Lilker To 'Retire' From Being Full-Time Musician". Blabbermouth.net. January 10, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- ^ "Dan Lilker Retiring From Music This Year, Brutal Truth To Disband in October". metalunderground.com. January 10, 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
This artist only has release groups by various artists. Showing official release groups for various artists. Show all various artists release groups instead.